In September 2018, the Department for Education (DfE) announced a capital bidding round of £30 million to support new high-quality school-based nursery places for disadvantaged 2, 3 and 4 year olds.
Bids can be submitted for: -
- New build nurseries (including modular/temporary buildings).
- Extensions, refurbishments or conversions of surplus school capacity, or existing buildings including creating kitchen facilities.
- Information and communication technology (ICT) hardware or software.
- Fixtures, fittings and equipment (FF&E).
- ICT infrastructure (cabling, wireless and switching) are eligible if they form part of a new build project.
Applications are encouraged from schools with a track record with OFSTED, and at least 20% of pupils eligible for free school meals.
To find out more and access an application form visit: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/school-nurseries-capital-fund-application-form
Please contact Catherine.firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions regards making an application.