The Virtual School monitors the educational outcomes for Looked After Children and works closely with other professionals, together with parents and carers, to ensure that children receive the best education possible and get the support they need.
How does the Virtual School team support schools and settings?
- We can work directly with children and young people, providing academic and learning support, or emotional and behavioural interventions.
- We provide practical support and advice, and work closely with children,young people and their carers, and the professional network around the child including pre-school settings and nurseries, schools, colleges, social care and health colleagues.
- We also support during educational placement transitions.
- We facilitate and chair the Personal Education Plan meetings for all looked after children being educated within Worcestershire.
The Virtual School team includes staff from a range of services working together to promote and support the education of all Worcestershire’s Looked After Children We offer bespoke packages of support to children and young people from the early years up to the age of 18.
We provide bespoke training packages that include:
- Raising awareness of the needs of looked after children
- Relationship Based Play
Contact the Virtual School:
Anne Griffin – Education Co-ordinator – Education support
Alison Clifford – PEP Co-ordinator - Covering Evesham, Malvern, Pershore, Upton on Severn and Bromsgrove
Katie Askew – PEP Co-ordinator – Covering Bewdley, Hagley, Kidderminster and Stourport
Fiona Eades – PEP Co-ordinator – Covering Droitwich, Martley, Tenbury and Worcester
Jill Peplow – PEP Co-ordinator – Covering Catshill, Redditch, Rubery and Wythall
To discuss pupil premium plus, contact:
Gwen Fennell – Virtual School Head (strategic overview) – firstname.lastname@example.org
Virtual School Guide
Guide to the Worcestershire Virtual School for Looked After Children. The guide also contains a School Self Evaluation Framework
Support and Care for Children in Worcestershire
For further information on Children's Social Care visit Worcestershire County Council
Virtual School Contact List
Who to contact if you have a school issue for a looked after child
Virtual School Overview
Information for Social Care Practitioners