What Governor Services offers:
The Governor Services team supports governors and clerks in Worcestershire to enable them to fulfil their statutory responsibilities and to feel confident in meeting an ever increasing range of challenges.
On behalf of the Local Authority the team provides:
- Support for maintained schools in the appointment of Local Authority governors
- Maintenance of a database of governors, clerks and chairs of maintained schools
- A welcome, information and support pack for new governors and clerks of maintained schools
- Access to a comprehensive governor development programme
In addition to the services provided on behalf of the Worcestershire County Council, Governor Services offer a Governor Services Service Level Agreement, providing support to governing boards and trusts, and also bespoke governor consultancy delivered at school based on the board/trust's individual requirements.
Governor Services SLA
A fixed price subscription service provides:
- Helpline support, advice & guidance from experienced governance advisers
- Inclusion in Clerks’ mailings
- Weekly Governor Alert mailings providing governors with a brief update on recent news
- Termly Newsletter
- Secure login for each governor to the Babcock Prime Governor Services Webpage; allowing governors to download governance related materials, guidance documents, policy templates, and more
- Continued access to Better Governor non-premium content
- Two free Governor places for your Governing Board to attend our Annual Summer Term Governor Briefing session
- Updates on changing legislation and policy which may affect your school and role as a governor
- Access to discounted comprehensive governor training and development programmes
- The option to purchase 11 monthly editions of the Bristol Notes of Guidance at a discounted rate
- New Governor Induction pack and new clerk to governors Welcome Pack downloadable from the Governor Services website
Specialist support, advice and guidance for Governing Boards is provided by experienced trainers and facilitators who have in depth knowledge of governance and leadership to support the work of the Governing Board. The consultancy can cover areas such as:
Governing Bodies: The Effectiveness of the Governing Board
- Demonstrating Accountability - The six features of effective governance of the Governing Board
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Governor Visits
- Working with the Clerk- Effective Clerking
- Governor Self Evaluation
- Headteacher Appraisal (Governor Review Panel)
- Ofsted Framework
The Chair: Effective Leadership and Management of the Governing Board
- Working with the HT / Working with the Clerk
- Leading and Managing the Governing Body
Clerk: Effective Clerking
- Taking effective minutes
- Preparation for Clerks Accreditation
- Working with the Chair /HT/ Governors
- Being Ofsted Ready
Governing Boards requiring consultancy on any area not detailed above can contact the Governor Services team to discuss your requirements.
External Review of Governance
Following an Ofsted recommedation the external review of governance is a consultancy service to provide support for the Governing Board to ensure they meet the 3 core strategic functions and develop effective governance.
The six key features of effective governance:
The review identifies areas for development and provides guidance on how these can be achieved and improved on in relation to Ofsted inspection criteria. The objective of the review, when recommended by Ofsted, is to enable the school or setting to move from a judgement of ‘requires improvement’ to at least ‘good’ at the next inspection. For schools/settings with a judgement of ‘inadequate’ the objective is initially move to ‘requires improvement’ and then to at least ‘good’.
Contact the Governor Services team to discuss your requirements, upon enquiry an adviser will recommend the hours required to address your specific concerns and ensure you get the best value from your SLA purchase.
Purchase your services through the Babcock Prime e-Store: www.babcockeducationestore.co.uk/prime
To contact the Governor Services team:
For Governor training enquries please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org