The Early Years team works with early years and childcare settings* in Worcestershire to ensure all children access high quality early years education and care to support individual children to achieve their maximum potential in learning and development.
*Settings include child-minders, maintained school nurseries, school run non-maintained, out of school, private, voluntary and independent childcare providers, as well as child-minder agencies.
- The number of children achieving a ‘good level of development’ at the end of the foundation stage is above the national average.
- Settings judged less than good are supported and improving
- The number of settings judged good or outstanding is above the national average
- New settings are meeting regulatory requirements and achieving high standards
- Families are able to access their children’s funded place in a setting which is at least good
Support for settings
Worcestershire County Council has commissioned Babcock Prime Early Years Team to:
- Support the sustainability of settings and the availability of childcare places through business support and the management of nursery education funding.
For example by identifying opportunities to increase places and manage costs.
- Support high quality provision across the county by providing a range of universal services such as briefings and clusters, and providing resources via the web site and the bulletin
- Support the improvement of settings not yet judged good with the allocation of an Improvement Adviser
- Support newly registered providers in meeting the regulatory requirements and achieve high standards of quality, through training and the allocation of an Improvement Adviser
- Support settings with large numbers of disadvantaged children in order to ensure that those children have the best possible opportunity to reach their potential
- Support 3 & 4 year olds with the most complex needs (children known to pre-school forum)
- Provide safeguarding support
In addition to the commissioned offer, the Early Years Team are also able to offer a full range of traded training and consultancy opportunities.
Early Years Training - to download the Early Years training directory
Early Years Consultancy - to view additional traded support
Early Years Team & Contacts
The Early Years Team have extensive experience working as teachers, practitioners and managers in schools and settings, and as childminders. We have specialist knowledge in working with pre-school children, babies and toddlers, and many of us specialise in business practice, teaching and learning, inclusion and safeguarding. Our team includes qualified teachers and qualified trainers.
Contact the Early Years Team:
Early Years General Enquiries
Nursery Education Funding
Early Years Training
Early Years Inclusion
For updates on national and local policy, training and useful information about the Early Years sector.
Early years foundation stage statutory framework (EYFS)
The standards that school and childcare providers must meet for the learning, development and care of children from birth to 5.
Gov.uk information on becoming a childcare provider, early years curriculum (0 to 5), funding and finance for childcare providers, performance and inspection for childcare providers, recruiting and managing early years staff
FREE Access to Early Years Guidance Documents
A-Z library of recommended documents and guidanceAccess Documents
Find Local Childcare
Advice and assistance for parents and prospective parents on the provision of childcare in Worcestershire can be found on the Worcestershire County Council websiteFind Childcare
By signing up to our Early Years mailing list you will recieve a monthly bulletin and regular updates on any relevant policy changes, service news and offers, CPD opportunities and notification of free resources.Sign Up