Careers Advice and Guidance Support
The Careers Advice Team offer flexible packages of support designed and delivered to meet your school, college or provider’s statutory responsibilities and pupil requirements.
Bespoke time-based careers advice and guidance support may include:
- Ensure that the statutory duty for the Government’s Information Advice and Guidance (IAG) strategy is met
- Deliver innovative, exciting and varied careers programmes, which may include one-to-one guidance interviews, careers events and group work sessions to inform young learners about opportunities in the world of work, raise aspirations and achieve positive outcomes
- Offer practical advice and support such as CV writing, support with applications and practice interviews
- Support staff, for example, CEIAG (Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance) and Health Checks, advice on individual Post-16 plans, increase knowledge of Post-16 opportunities and training to develop skills for on-going learner support
- Provide support to minimise the number of Year 11 students who become NEET and maximise the number of Year 11 students who make a successful and sustained transition to their Post-16 pathway
- Guidance on other initiatives, such as the Worcestershire Apprenticeship Strategy, which can strengthen the CEIAG programme
- Guidance and sign-posting on sources of support for learners who leave provision early or become NEET on completion of programme
Upon enquiry an adviser will recommend the hours required to address your specific concerns and ensure you get the best value from your SLA purchase.
Contact the Careers Advice Team:
Example of Careers Advice Team Support
Delivering Careers Advice and Guidance to Post-16 Pupils at a Further Education College