Learning Support Team Training
The Learning Support Team (LST) with areas of specialism including literacy, numeracy, language and communication, dyslexia, dyspraxia, ICT and EAL offer training to schools and settings to enhance their capacity to meet the needs of children and young people.
The Learning Support Team (LST) are specialist teachers who are skilled and have a high level of expertise in working with children and young people with a wide range of learning needs and SEND. Members of the team hold a range of qualifications relevant to their work including Masters Degrees, Post Graduate Diplomas, Postgraduate Certificates, AMBDA accreditation and Assessment Practising Certificates.
Whole School Training
LSTprovides training which builds the capacity of school staff to meet the needs of children and young people with a range of special educational needs. We work with you to ensure training is tailored to your requirements and delivery is on a suitable date/time.
We can deliver the following to your school workforce:
- Use Emotional Logic to promote resilience and improve behaviour
- Use ICT to enable learning
- Identify and support phonological difficulties in the Early Years
- Spot and support memory difficulties
- Support learners with gross and fine motor difficulties
- Support the communication skills of pupils with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties
- Use multisensory activities to develop spelling skills
- Use the Numicon ‘Breaking Barriers’ programme to help pupils with SEN
Contact the Learning Support Team to discuss your needs